I am honored to have been nominated for a ‘One Lovely Blog Award’. The nomination was made by Nicole from one of my favorite blogs, an ode to dust. Nicole often posts about classic and silent films. While many blogs exist that feature classic and silent films, I’ve found that the films featured at an ode to dust are ones that I have or am likely to enjoy. I’m also discovering there that Nicole is a very nice and interesting person 🙂 .I don’t, though, believe that my blog is worthy of an award. As I explained to Nicole, I rarely post to my blog; today is the first time I’ve posted in three months, and the oldest of my current nine posts was about 13 months ago … 9 posts in 13 months averages to 1 posting per 1 month and 13.3 days (there’s a lot of 3’s and 13’s in that math; 313 is a subject for a future post 😉 ).
My point is that I’m not a very active blogger, not like the bloggers whose award posts I’ve enjoyed reading. But Nicole was sweet enough to encourage me to accept … plus, I think it would be fun to participate 🙂 So, here I go.
Participation follows these rules (adapted from the listing Nicole made when she received the award):
- Accept the nomination by posting to your blog … check!
- Thank your nominator (not in the mathematic sense) by linking to her awesome blog … check!
- Share seven facts about yourself … oh, no! 😮
- Act as a nominator (not in the mathematic sense) by listing other blogs you enjoy … will do!
- Inform the bloggers you’ve nominated of their nominations (I’ve never used the syllable ‘nom’ so much ever).
- Repost these rules for your nominees to edit and reuse … check!
And now the part I dread: sharing seven facts about myself. Not that I’m an overly-private person. It’s just that I’m SO BORING that this is where any readers will lose interest in reading or, worse, will fall asleep. Honestly, I’m sitting here thinking about what I can say about myself, and I keep getting distracted with mundane activities like proofreading what I’ve typed so far or peeling the label off my drink. Ugggh, OK, here I go:
- As to music, I enjoy ’60s, ’70s, early-’80s, oldies, classic rock, progressive, psychedelic, old R&B, old jazz, and classical music.
- Bands and musicians I enjoy most include The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Jeff Beck, John Lennon, The Who, The Kinks, Stevie Wonder, The Seeds, Cream, Ray Charles, The Band, Vince Guaraldi, Yes, Wings, Booker T. and The MG’s, The Miracles, Charles Mingus, Nat ‘King’ Cole, and compositions by Richard Wagner and Wolfgang Mozart.
- Although I was in a raggedy band many, many years ago, I currently can’t play a note of music to save my life .
- I very much enjoy classic film. My favorite films are Seven Samurai, A Hard Day’s Night, The Best Years of Our Lives, Rear Window, To Kill a Mockingbird, Buster Keaton’s Go West, You Can’t Take it with You, The Hidden Fortress, Marty, The Asphalt Jungle, West Side Story, and The Remains of the Day.
- My favorite moviemakers (directors and actors) are Akira Kurosawa, Buster Keaton, Alfred Hitchcock, Henry Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, Katherine Hepburn, Grace Kelly, John Ford, Marilyn Monroe, W.C. Fields, Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck, John Huston, Cary Grant, John Wayne, Howard Hawks, and Frank Capra.
- I currently work as a Supply Coordinator for a major retailer (just got promoted to the position a week ago, thank you very much). Other jobs I’ve held include Computer Applications Instructor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Active Listening Instructor, Advertising Salesman for a printing equipment trade magazine, and Janitor.
- I’m an old, old man (getting older as we speak). Here’s some more math for you: I’ve been told I look 70% of my current age, but I feel 180% of my current age (deliberately obscure to hide my real age).
Other blogs I enjoy and that I would like to nominate for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
- am I allowed to re-nominate an ode to dust?
- Serendipitous Anachronisms
- The Blonde at the Film
- Silver Screenings
Well, this was a little more fun than I thought it would be. Thanks for reading and for putting up with my inanities. And thanks especially to Nicole, without whom, etc., etc. 😎